Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mistar P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
I just bought a Macbook last week. I realized after i put alot of stuff on the macbook 120GB isn't enough space. I want some suggestions for a good HD up to probally 200-300GB with 7200RPM. I Prefer less noise, heat, and less suction of battery life.

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Western Digital Scorpio Black or the Seagate Momentus model lines would be two very nice choices to start with.

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I have the seagate momentus 7200.3 320GB HDD, love it no issues and very speedy =D. I haven't noticed sounds/vibrations but I don't use my laptop on my lap much either. Heat has not been an issue either. One of my favorite upgrades, more so than RAM that I noticed.

for example, copying music into iTunes is now super fast and changing multiple info on songs is snappy. many other improvements as well

Mistar P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 19, 2009
Those are some good Harddrives. It looks pretty easy replacing the harddrive anyway. But i defiantly want one of those 7200rpm HDS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.