PDA

View Full Version : Just played Medal of Honor:Allied Assault

Ifeelbloated
Jun 21, 2002, 08:14 AM
:D Yeah, I'm grinning like a chesire cat. This game kicks some serious ASS! A must have for FPS fans. :D

topicolo
Jun 21, 2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Ifeelbloated
:D Yeah, I'm grinning like a chesire cat. This game kicks some serious ASS! A must have for FPS fans. :D

I'm glad you discovered it. You should try it in multiplayer--THAT KICKS ASS. Anyway, give Jedi Knight 2 a try and you'll really be grinning :)

buffsldr
Jun 21, 2002, 09:15 AM
what type of system do you have? how well does the game play on your system?

topicolo
Jun 21, 2002, 09:19 AM
Actually, I was playing that on my pc gaming machine. I only have a 64meg Geforce2MX400 in it so the games were running at a pokey 25-40fps. I know, I know. PC's suck. In fact, I just fried my processor :(. I want to get a new mac in its place, but i'm totally short on cash. I guess I'll just have to do without a computer for a while :(

Ifeelbloated
Jun 21, 2002, 09:56 AM
I've got a stock 933Mghz G4 with the standard Gforce4MX card. It runs beautifully. Looks beautiful and plays beautiful. The action is INTENSE. I was a combat soldier(mech infantry) in the army-never saw action;but the game comes damn close. Having the right technical consultants during the development of this title REALLY paid off.

ArtMan617
Jun 23, 2002, 02:41 PM
Is the game worth buying? I played Frontline for PS2 and I liked it, and I'm always up for a good FPS for Mac, but has anyone run into Wolfenstein-like carbon problems?

-ArtMan617

crassusad44
Jul 1, 2002, 04:22 PM
I'm hooked, that's all I can say. MoH:AA and RtCW is the best Mac games I've played since the Marathon series...

job
Jul 1, 2002, 11:14 PM
I just need to wait for the expo (and a new tower) and then I'll finally have enough computing power to even think about running MoH : AA. :rolleyes:

hitman

crassusad44
Jul 2, 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by hitman
I just need to wait for the expo (and a new tower) and then I'll finally have enough computing power to even think about running MoH : AA. :rolleyes:

hitman

The sys reqs are quite steep, yes, but it looks sooo beautiful on a G4 DP 1 GHz with a 22" cinema display... Have not tried it on my home machine yet though (DP 800).

job
Jul 2, 2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by crassusad44
The sys reqs are quite steep, yes, but it looks sooo beautiful on a G4 DP 1 GHz with a 22" cinema display... Have not tried it on my home machine yet though (DP 800).

Grrr....thats enough computer power and screen space for two people :)
Have you tweaked any Quake 3 files to take advantage of the dual processors?