Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2002
I switched to Speakeasy for a free Playstation 2 a long time ago, and I just got an iPod, so I cna't benefit from this, but Speakeasy DSL is giving away free 15GB iPods when you sign up for their service. I don't know for sure, but it's probably a one year contract, which is what I had when I signed up.

The only downside is that if you are used to DSL costing about $50/mo, this is gonna cost more at about $59/month. So if you are used to paying less, the iPod isn't really "free," but after your contract is up you can downgrade your service to about $40/month, after which time you spent maybe and extra 150 on DSL for that year, so you just bought an iPod for 150 or so, and were able to pay it out over a year, and got on Speakeasy. I can't say enoough good things about Speakeasy...I mean, I used to use my phone company, but the service was terrible. After I switched the speed is the same of course, but the tech support is great, and they are super friendly. Anyway, I switched about 1.5 years ago and haven't ever looked back. If anyone wants an iPod and is considering switching services, this is a good deal.

*NOT affiliated with speakeasy at all...just a fan of the company*

EDIT: Link: http://www.speakeasy.net/promos/ipod/

phillymjs

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Speakeasy = awesome

Peyote said:
*NOT affiliated with speakeasy at all...just a fan of the company*

Same here... Speakeasy rocks if you don't want the big telcos or cable companies telling you what you can and can't do with the bandwidth you're paying them for.

Speakeasy costs more, but it's soooo worth it. I switched to them in January 2002 after I got sick of Comcast's poor service and annoying restrictions, and I've never looked back. A free gift for switching only sweetens the deal.

~Philly

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
Peyote said:
The only downside is that if you are used to DSL costing about $50/mo, this is gonna cost more at about $59/month. So if you are used to paying less, the iPod isn't really "free," but after your contract is up you can downgrade your service to about $40/month,]

Where do you live? I'm paying 30.00 for DSL, and one company has advertised it for 25.00 recently.

Peyote

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 11, 2002
I live in Texas, and actually my DSL is $39/mo, but after taxes, etc....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.