PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from 12" PowerBook G4

AaronE
Mar 21, 2009, 09:44 AM
I purchased a 12" PowerBook G4 in October and I'm thinking of getting something different now. What are the chances I can resell the PowerBook? It has a few dents and scratches but they aren't bad. I recently upgraded the AirPort card and just put a new keyboard in.

Specs are in my signature. BTW, I wasn't sure if this was were I should post this, but any chance I could get a profit out of it??

gallagb
Mar 21, 2009, 12:57 PM
I purchased a 12" PowerBook G4 in October and I'm thinking of getting something different now. What are the chances I can resell the PowerBook? It has a few dents and scratches but they aren't bad. I recently upgraded the AirPort card and just put a new keyboard in.

Specs are in my signature. BTW, I wasn't sure if this was were I should post this, but any chance I could get a profit out of it??

i sold a machine VERY similar to that (might still be in my profile)
in September for about $500
I included 2 batteries, 2 chargers & 2 cases (one hard shell & one soft)

it was a local on Craigslist sale-

I felt like the machine was worth 400 - but asked 5 & got it
so...
worth trying!

AaronE
Mar 21, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah I'm gonna think about it some more and I'll still consider selling it. It's just a hard machine to get rid of though. The form factor is so convenient and I'd probably hate to see it go.

Aegelward
Mar 21, 2009, 04:04 PM
To be honest, i think it could be worth keeping around. depending on what you want.

It'd be a good secondary mobile system, the sort of thing you can carry with you wherever for stuff like web browsing and such, and if it gets terminally damaged or lost, etc. it won't be such a big loss.

At least, that's what i'd use a 12" powerbook for ;)

gan6660
Mar 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
You could get anywhere from $300-$600

AaronE
Mar 30, 2009, 05:58 PM
Ok so I'm considering putting this up for sale tonight. I figure I'll put the profits toward an older MacBook, but what's a good deal for an older MacBook? I just want something to run Snow Leopard on.