Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
North Carolina
I purchased a 12" PowerBook G4 in October and I'm thinking of getting something different now. What are the chances I can resell the PowerBook? It has a few dents and scratches but they aren't bad. I recently upgraded the AirPort card and just put a new keyboard in.

Specs are in my signature. BTW, I wasn't sure if this was were I should post this, but any chance I could get a profit out of it??

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
I purchased a 12" PowerBook G4 in October and I'm thinking of getting something different now. What are the chances I can resell the PowerBook? It has a few dents and scratches but they aren't bad. I recently upgraded the AirPort card and just put a new keyboard in.

Specs are in my signature. BTW, I wasn't sure if this was were I should post this, but any chance I could get a profit out of it??

i sold a machine VERY similar to that (might still be in my profile)
in September for about $500
I included 2 batteries, 2 chargers & 2 cases (one hard shell & one soft)

it was a local on Craigslist sale-

I felt like the machine was worth 400 - but asked 5 & got it
so...
worth trying!

AaronE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
North Carolina
Yeah I'm gonna think about it some more and I'll still consider selling it. It's just a hard machine to get rid of though. The form factor is so convenient and I'd probably hate to see it go.

Aegelward

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2005
UK
To be honest, i think it could be worth keeping around. depending on what you want.

It'd be a good secondary mobile system, the sort of thing you can carry with you wherever for stuff like web browsing and such, and if it gets terminally damaged or lost, etc. it won't be such a big loss.

At least, that's what i'd use a 12" powerbook for ;)

AaronE

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
North Carolina
Ok so I'm considering putting this up for sale tonight. I figure I'll put the profits toward an older MacBook, but what's a good deal for an older MacBook? I just want something to run Snow Leopard on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.