Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeewhizz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 30, 2003
London, UK
Can anyone recommend a fairly decent 2/3 button usb mouse? Its for my PB and will be used all the time. I'm right handed and would prefer a decent sized one. Optical is a must :)

I like the kensington one with the rollup cable - has anyone got this? If so, what is the mechanism like? Would it break easily?

I would buy a BT one, but i just bought a new printer and have no cash :)

Cheers,

Jee

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
I've been using a Logitech Mouseman traveler for about a year with my PB, and it's been great. (Two buttons and a scroll wheel.) It's a good size (it's not one of those really small travel mice, but it's a bit smaller than a full size mouse). It tracks well on pretty much everything, and it comes with a fake leather travel case. It also comes with a three foot extension cord, although I never use that. One of the nice things about it is that the buttons are metal, so it's really hasn't worn at all over the year I've had it (and I've played a lot of fps games with it), but it is a bit pricey.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Jeewhizz said:
I like the kensington one with the rollup cable - has anyone got this? If so, what is the mechanism like? Would it break easily?

My roommate has it, and I just bought it. His doesn't wind all the way anymore, but we figure it might just be the abuse he's put it through. The fact that the USB connection stores inside the mouse is the most convenient part. The mouse does have a one year warranty, so that's helpful. As for the cord snapping, i don't see that happening. It seems rather durable.

I plan on getting a BT sometime in the future, but for $30 this isn't bad.

macfan76

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2004
Buy this one because it is so darn cool looking! :cool: I know but its not a notebook mouse... sigh..

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
I have had nothing but good experiences with Logitechs products. Kensington also seems to have a great track record. Macally also has some neat offerings.

nargot

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
Australia
i have three logitech mice around the place... a mouseman (something), RF one with changeable face plates and MX700.

The MX700 is the best mouse, it has 7 buttons, wireless etc etc. But if wireless is not the issue i think there is a wired mouse called MX500, have a look into that.

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
I just bought the Logitech® Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks for my powerbook, and it seems really nice.

It's smaller than a regular sized mouse, but feels pretty similar (in my hand) to my Logitech MX310 (a full size corded mouse). It's not any lighter, because of the 2 AA batteries, but it tracks well and has no cord :)

It's not BT (I didn't have the extra $ either), so it's got a plug in USB receiver, but it's the size of a small flash drive so it's nice and out-of-the-way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.