PDA

View Full Version : crude ibook repiar

max••
Mar 21, 2009, 02:37 PM
I manged to get my 800mhz ibook g3 working again:) by wedging 3 2p coins between the graphics chip and the case it has been working for almost a week now with no major problems even played the entire Return to Castle Wolfenstein on it!:):) (@1024x786)

petermcphee
Mar 21, 2009, 02:39 PM
That's definitely something that I would like to see pictures of. Got any?

max••
Mar 21, 2009, 02:50 PM
That's definitely something that I would like to see pictures of. Got any?

not yet, will take some when I next take it apart, witch will be soon (needs hdd upgrade ect)

max••
Mar 21, 2009, 06:18 PM
ok I had to tighten the screws that hold the lcd to the case, so i took some pictures of it

Spares
Mar 21, 2009, 06:22 PM
try using photo bucket to host your images, then post the [IMG] paired tags around the link that the website provides

www.photobucket.com

max••
Mar 21, 2009, 06:42 PM
try using photo bucket to host your images, then post the [IMG] paired tags around the link that the website provides

www.photobucket.com

soz i havent posted images for a wile, it is working now

max••
Mar 22, 2009, 01:23 PM
it just stopped working, i am going to try to re flow it with a heat gun

max••
Mar 22, 2009, 01:59 PM
Now it seems to be working fine:):):rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::p:p:D:D:apple::apple::o:o(lets hope it stays that way;))

Stachelsk
Mar 22, 2009, 08:34 PM
Now it seems to be working fine:):):rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool::p:p:D:D:apple::apple::o:o(lets hope it stays that way;))

Sorry if I sound like a pessimist here, but I'm doubting you're going to see another year out of the thing, if you see a few months out of it. Consumer heat guns do NOT reflow solder like everyone believes they do. The only real way to fix the chip is to have someone properly reflow it using a BGA station. I'm not sure what the heat gun does, but I'm guessing it expands things just enough so that proper contact is made.