PDA

View Full Version : Teacher charged with choking student for not doing homework

Sparky's
Apr 10, 2004, 01:19 PM
Being 52 and remembering when I got swats on my butt for in class infractions that was one thing (and I condone it now, but thats a political issue) This guy is SICK!! what ever possesed him to put a string around anyone's neck! I hope he does time.

http://www.local6.com/news/2965981/detail.html

wdlove
Apr 10, 2004, 02:24 PM
This seemed so utterly ridiculous as I read the story. Then I noticed the byline date of April 1st, fools. :D This doesn't even deserve much comment. 200 years ago he would have been taken outside, after a quick trial, and hung himself.

Sparky's
Apr 10, 2004, 02:29 PM
Seams real enough but the AP disclaimer on the bottom says they aren't responsible for "inaccuracies", so take it for what it's worth.

Ajmbc
Apr 10, 2004, 03:37 PM
This teacher needs some anger management classes.

-ajmbc

MongoTheGeek
Apr 10, 2004, 04:29 PM
This seemed so utterly ridiculous as I read the story. Then I noticed the byline date of April 1st, fools. :D This doesn't even deserve much comment. 200 years ago he would have been taken outside, after a quick trial, and hung himself.

I had seen it on TV complete with mark's on the kid's neck

bennetsaysargh
Apr 10, 2004, 07:46 PM
im scared to go to my classes now. :eek:
seriously though, why? just give him detention, don't choke him.
yeesh.

JesseJames
Apr 10, 2004, 09:20 PM
You know, they should create a Bobby Knight Award or something for people who lose it and choke people.

wdlove
Apr 10, 2004, 10:04 PM
I don't know if anger management would work. He definitely should not be around children for the rest of his life.

sonyrules
Apr 11, 2004, 01:32 AM
Thats Messed up... What kind of person would do that to SOMEONE elses child. Hope the parents sue the crap out of him.

rainman::|:|
Apr 11, 2004, 08:36 AM
if i had spent my life in a career that consistently was paid less and less, with more work, exponentially more danger, and more stress... I might go off too.

Not defending what he did, but with the pathetic state of education and the poor treatment of teachers, what can we expect. That this does not happen more often is a testiment to the other teachers out there being the creme of the crop, to speak.

paul

redAPPLE
Apr 11, 2004, 09:27 AM
You know, they should create a Bobby Knight Award or something for people who lose it and choke people.

aka. the Latrell Sprewell Award :D