PDA

View Full Version : How to make an app 'expire' after x days of use

webdrive
Mar 22, 2009, 04:25 PM
Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.

Thanks!
Michael

gnasher729
Mar 22, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hello,
I'm new to the Mac Cocoa/Objective-C world and am trying to find a framework that would allow me to release a shareware/demo version of my software and have it expire after 30 days. Once expired, the user would need to enter a product registration code to unlock the software.

Is there an existing Cocoa framework (or some other framework) that is generally used, or do most people write them from scratch.

I don't need the full blown registration system like AquaticPrime, I simply need a way to have my software stop working.

To be honest, I think you've got your priorities wrong. Your first step should be writing an application where anyone would want to enter some registration code after 30 days.