Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

0makol16

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Diamond Bar, California
I just got Stalker Clear Sky and when I get the lates update v1.5.08 it will go to a black screen with an error message saying my graphics card doesn't support pixel shader 1.1, I have a 128mb x1600. I treinstalled it and didn't get the update and it runs fine on medium but it will randomly crash to the desktop, I am using bootcamp with all the latest driver.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
I just got Stalker Clear Sky and when I get the lates update v1.5.08 it will go to a black screen with an error message saying my graphics card doesn't support pixel shader 1.1, I have a 128mb x1600. I treinstalled it and didn't get the update and it runs fine on medium but it will randomly crash to the desktop, I am using bootcamp with all the latest driver.

What OS are you running in bootcamp? I only use Win XP 64 bit but that sounds like your graphic card doesn't have the right drivers. Everything else run fine? I know CS was made for Vista but sounds like you are missing some extensions.

Ol3s

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2008
L'viv, Ukraine

Stalker has a lot of bugs and glitches, it often will crash according to the forum on its developers site. For me personally there have never been problems

0makol16

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
Diamond Bar, California
I have all the latest ati drivers and i decided to update Clear sky to 1.5.05 and it runs fine now. just for some reason 1.5.07 and 1.5.08 won't work at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.