Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Im ready with my app and have finally completed all the gruesomely tedious tasks (the certificate process, the signing codes, etc, etc), and am now in the process of collecting the metadata for the application. Some of it I dont understand, though:

1. What does "Unique Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) for each major version of your application" mean?

2. And what do they mean by "Application Availability Date"? Is this so that you can set a future date if you want to dealy the publication of your app?

3. Is there a size-limit to the 512x512 logo? Ive got a tiff, and its almost 800 kb, which seems a little excessive...

MacToddB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 21, 2007
Rochester, NY
Im ready with my app and have finally completed all the gruesomely tedious tasks (the certificate process, the signing codes, etc, etc), and am now in the process of collecting the metadata for the application. Some of it I dont understand, though:

1. What does "Unique Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) for each major version of your application" mean?

2. And what do they mean by "Application Availability Date"? Is this so that you can set a future date if you want to dealy the publication of your app?

3. Is there a size-limit to the 512x512 logo? Ive got a tiff, and its almost 800 kb, which seems a little excessive...

1. I believe the SKU is just used in record keeping for the Financial/Sales reports you'll get.

2) Yes, some developers want the app approved, but not released until all their ducks are in a row... for a movie for example. However, don't make the date TOO SOON either. You want it to be the same date as it is approved, so it will show up as 'New'. Apple uses the earlier date of the Apple approval date or the availability date. So the moment you get your approval notice, change it to that date.

3) I don't know of any file size limitation, but you ought to be able to shrink that without losing quality. Regardless, Apple doesn't display it in that size... they shrink the dimensions anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.