Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
i noticed that there were a lot of if your 18 & under post your setup, but there weren't any for those of us who are in college. So I am curious what all of the other college students desk setups look like.

So if your in college post a pic of your desk and computer(s). It can be as is or you can tidy it up for the picture. Maybe we can get something big started here. Anyways have fun with it.

Here's a pic of my current setup in my apartment that I moved into a week ago. I am getting the 24" LED Cinema Display this afternoon so I will post another pic after I get it and set it up.

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC01129.JPG
    DSC01129.JPG
    373.6 KB · Views: 25,343

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
i noticed that there were a lot of if your 18 & under post your setup, but there weren't any for those of us who are in college. So I am curious what all of the other college students desk setups look like.

So if your in college post a pic of your desk and computer(s). It can be as is or you can tidy it up for the picture. Maybe we can get something big started here. Anyways have fun with it.

Here's a pic of my current setup in my apartment that I moved into a week ago. I am getting the 24" LED Cinema Display this afternoon so I will post another pic after I get it and set it up.

Cheers!

Is that McMurry? I've been using that book for two years. Orgo is fun.

Here's mine, at U of T. Our dorms kinda suck. Will post new setup when I move into my new apartment.

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

johngardiner

macrumors regular
May 13, 2008
My current setup in my townhouse... a little messy... but it's assignment crunch time so I haven't had much time to clean, never mind be home!

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    405.9 KB · Views: 2,705

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas

Here's mine, at U of T. Our dorms kinda suck. Will post new setup when I move into my new apartment.

Yeah it is the McMurry book, the one with the white and green cover. LOL Yeah the subject is fun and I love learning about it, but my professor really sucks. I pretty much have to teach myself. LOL

chrisbb

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2008

Cheers!
OMG McMurry!
I have that same text book! What are you taking in order for you to be in that class -- obviously its an Organic Chem class, lol.
Hoe do you like the book -- I find its pretty easy to read, well the last chapters (25, 26 etc).

BTW, nice set-up :)

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

What's the keyboard you're using there, and how do you like it?

h.21

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2008
My desk is usually a lot worse than this, but I have spring break this week.

Attachments

• 100_4073.JPG
    100_4073.JPG
    540.4 KB · Views: 1,367

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
As promised here is my setup with my new 24" LED Cinema Display that i bought about yesterday afternoon around 4.

Attachments

• DSC01134.JPG
    DSC01134.JPG
    361.5 KB · Views: 1,493
  • DSC01135.JPG
    DSC01135.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 1,183

tonie

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2008
this thread is stupid as you are gonna see the same setups as you will in other threads. i don't know why you people like to re-invent the wheel.

Quad SLi 295

macrumors member
The worlds most powerful HTPC. (with a crap screen)

This is my study in my 2 room apartment out at the mine site. Space is tight, hence wall mounting the wet-suit and miners belt. Also got an old Voodoo 5500 hanging there for good measure and some Russian Cold medicine. Once the new screens arrive the comp. case is going in with the Stereo Stack.

System Specs:
-Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme
-Intel Core i7-920, @ 3.2GHz on stock cooler (water in the mail)
-G-Skill DDR3 1600, Running at 1240MHz (problem with either mobo or ram :mad:)
-2 x Palit GTX 295's @ 601MHz-core, 2100MHz-memory, 1300MHz-Shader. Heat shroud removed from the upper card to improve airflow (it worked , now it's a wall ornament.
-2 x Seagate 1TB drives
-Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W PSU
-1 x Internal LG blu-ray burner
-1 x Internal LG blu-ray reader
-1 x External WD 1TB HDD
-1 x External LG DVD burner
-1 x LG Flatron Wireless Keyboard
-1 x A4-Tech infa-red wireless ball mouse (had for 8 years, and love it)
-1 x NEC XE21 21" CRT (2 x 24" Sony WUXGA 1920x1200 CRT's on the way)
-2 x Thermaltake 90mm front case fans, 2 x SilverStone 80mm rear fans
-All boxed up in a SilverStone LC-17 HTPC case.

Stereo Specs:
Yamaha RX-V1300 Amp
Pioneer D515 Laserdisc Player, with Yamaha AC-3 decoder box (repping the laserdisc)
Sega DreamCast
NAD 6130 tape deck
Pioneer DV-678A Multi Player (any 8cm retail disc format)
Denon DCD-670 CD player
Sony MHZ-1 Mini-Dics recorder
Energy C5 Floor standing speakers
Audio Technica AD700 headphones (for when the neighbors complain)

Rocking the worlds most powerful HTPC

Attachments

• Top_down.jpg
    Top_down.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 806
  • Proof_shot.jpg
    Proof_shot.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 897
  • Setup_close-angle.jpg
    Setup_close-angle.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Setup_wide-angle.jpg
    Setup_wide-angle.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 1,310

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
What's the keyboard you're using there, and how do you like it?

It's a Logitech MediaBoard for PS3/PC.

It's garbage. I'm using it because I'm getting frustrated with the connection dropping issues I have with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard on my PC. :p If you still want a similar style keyboard as the MediaBoard, get the Pro version. It's decently made, doesn't have clickity-clack keys, etc. Honestly, the non-Pro MediaBoard bends when you type on it. The keys are wafer thin and are extremely loud. But it has zero lag and a built-in touchpad so it's not a bad idea for a HTPC solution. Plus it's only about $20! Note that the non-Pro version is non-Bluetooth and comes with its own dongle. The Pro version IS Bluetooth but doesn't come with its own dongle (since PS3s already have BT) so you'll have to have BT on whatever computer you want to use it with. I'm not sure if it works with Macs, unfortunately.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2008
Hey, I used McMurry too! I liked the book a lot, and it had the best looking cover out of all of my textbooks. My setup is PC-only for now, until I bring my iMac G3 up to school.

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
OMG McMurry!
I have that same text book! What are you taking in order for you to be in that class -- obviously its an Organic Chem class, lol.
Hoe do you like the book -- I find its pretty easy to read, well the last chapters (25, 26 etc).

BTW, nice set-up :)

I'm a 2nd year, I'm technically a junior(have ~70 credit hrs) but this is only my second year in college lol, Biology/Chemistry double major. Im in the last Organic right now and have to take BioChem next yr. And the book is really good i just don't like my professor because she doesn't teach.

And thanks for the compliment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.