PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about an album you bought through iTunes recently

acidrock
Apr 11, 2004, 10:25 PM
I just bought the new Hoobastank album. I am not a big rock fan, but this album is so great. i'm still on my first listen but every song I have heard I have liked. Even some of the previews I didn't like as a preview I like as a song. There highest selling song is Reason which is the title track from the album. It's really great, I can connect with the songs a lot more than other rock albums, or a lot of albums I have bought recently also. -n

Chmeeee
Apr 11, 2004, 10:35 PM
Blue Man Group - The Complex.

I have been a big fan of BMG for a long time, and I was just waiting for their music to be made available on iTunes. Its an awesome album, lots of good collaborations. Sing a Song, with Dave Matthews, and the cover of White Rabbit with Esthero are both really great. Unforutnately for anybody else looking for it, they seem to have removed bothof those tracks and are now selling it as a partial album only (I snuck in and got the whole thing before they cut it :cool: ). The rest of it is still great though.

I would definitely suggest checking this and their other album, Audio out. Their show is incredible too, it runs year round in Boston, Vegas, and a couple of other cities.

BenWakin
Apr 11, 2004, 11:17 PM
Pedro The Lion-"Whole" EP

These guys were recommended to me by a friend and I must say I am quite impressed. Indie rock all the way. I had a gift certificate with about 7 bucks left, so I bought this EP. These guys are real mellow. I would most definitely recommend it to anyone who likes Denali or Copeland.

newwavedave
Apr 12, 2004, 11:08 AM
It's been a few weeks now since I downloaded this album, but it already is close to the top in play counts. They've got a great "Blondie" sound. My favorite song has got to be "Dance with me." Check it out when you get a chance.

bennok
Apr 12, 2004, 12:57 PM
Taken from my DailyTunes Suggestion
Lansing-Dreiden. Who are these guys? What is their music like? Where did they come from? You know, I have no idea. I was browsing the new releases after the update last night and started listening to the samples. There's something very unique about this group, whoever/whatever they are. There's little hints of other types of music, but mostly, it sounds like something new and that excites me. I'm not going to compare them to other bands 'cause you should just check them out and see what you think. Rock.

I've listened to the album quite a bit in the last week and have found it very pleasurable, even though it's not *quite* the type of music I normally like. It's creative and unique though, and I appreciate that.

mike3k
Apr 14, 2004, 09:03 AM
Yesterday I bought "Seed" by Afro-Celt Sound System. At $13.99 for 10 tracks, it was the most expensive album I've bought from iTMS although it's better than paying $19 in a store. I loved their first 3 albums, but I was reluctant to buy this one because I heard it was copy protected.

This is great music from Peter Gabriel's Real World Records which combines Celtic & African sounds, as their name implies.

Charon
Apr 14, 2004, 10:34 AM
The Sounds, as mentioned by newwavedave, are terrific. "Mine for Live" and "Rock'n'Roll" are the greatest songs on the album.

I recently bought the Garbage album, Beautiful Garbage, from iTMS. Most people know the Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!) song, which is my favorite on the album. One thing I like about Garbage is the real alternative sound they have. I'm tired of these bands that call themselves alternative just to stand-out and appeal to a greater audience.