Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macAllen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Las Vegas
hey guys I need your advice on a new logo for my photography it use to be this
Picture2.png

but i feel the need for a change and get away with the reflections and come to a more simple and stylish one so which one do you like:):)
Untitled-1.jpg

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
I like #1. It is more pleasing to the eye. But one thing. It looks like you've spelled you first name wrong. Also I'd never be able to figure out the first letter should is meant to be an "A". Keep the design but use a lees cryptic font. I assume you'd like people to know who you are.

Apr 10, 2007
I think that 2-7 are awesome but you should take out "isneros" in the C and just make photography bigger. Number 1 is cool to but I like 2-7 more. I think photography is to small in your original logo too.

Edit: maybe just take out isneros and center photography, I think it's big enough already.

theDUB

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2008
SLT, CA
Yeah, I'd go w/ #1. Assuming of course that you plan on spelling your first name correctly in the final version.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Where will the logo be used?

Is it to watermark photos? For business cards? A website? All of the above?

I definitely don't like 4 and 7, and from the "AC" designs I would probably pick the coloured ones (depending on use, keep reading).

If I have to pick 1 it would be number 1. Assuming you fix the spelling, as pointed out.

Although it depends - what sort of photography you are doing? Your "AC" logos (in particular the B&W) are much more formal in my opinion so it would depend on the mood you are trying to convey.

That's my thoughts.

mickbab

TenPoundMonkey

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2007
VA
Allen-
I don't want to be all negative, but none of these read well at all...

1. (Beside the spelling issue) The "A" doesn't look connected to anything... why does your name run past "photography"? The name font is just sloppy, there are many "handwriting" fonts out there that still look clean.

2,3,5,6. These read "AC Isneros Photography"

4,7. These read "Llen AC Isneros Photography"

If you want to go with a monogram type logo, I'd say work up a nice "AC" as the mark, and then have everything written out below as the name...

Honestly, what might work best is to take your original logo, remove the reflection, reign in that crazy tracking and make "photography" the same width as your name...

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
For reasons mentioned above - and others besides - I'd say go back to the drawing board. None of these logos give the right 'feel' for a photographer, and most are downright confusing...

G.T.

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I would say the original is the best, I'm not sure why u want to change. Although if I had to choose it would be the 1st one.

Apple Architect

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2007
United Kingdom
Agreement with the masses

Out of those, #1.

The others are 'confusing'

I would tend to agree as well. The use of "drop caps" with words inside is not great - as is the complexity of the font.

I think you have a great chance to make use of the AC(P). Start in black and white. Make something that would look great as a watermark, and take it from there.

dmz

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
Canada
Just a hint...

I too prefer the first logo, with the word photography reined in a bit tracking-wise, and perhaps a bit larger. I like the handwritten one as well, but it doesn't "hang together". I won't say too much about style - to each his own, but I will say something that may help you in your design process. Design your logo in black-on-white first. Get the design right in one colour first, then you can colorize to your heart's content. Eventually, one day, you will have to print your logo in one colour only, and you will regret not having done this in the first place. By the way, your logo should reverse properly too, i.e., when you flip the logo into negative, it should still read well - never know when you'll have to reverse the font out of a black background. I've been designing logos for forty years, and I learned this rule from a guy who was doing it long before me. I don't have many design rules - but this is one I have never regretted learning!

dmz

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
First of all, you need to determine what it is about your photography that you want to communicate. What kind of photography are you doing and who is your audience? Are you doing no-nonsense corporate work? Elegant portraiture? Gritty street scenes? Sophisticated wedding photography? What?

If you want a logotype as opposed to a logo, find a typeface that expresses something appropriate. Oftentimes the right typeface is enough; you don't need some extreme type treatment on top of it. Subtlety can be very effective. I'm going to recommend this route to you because it's clear that typography is not your forte.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.