Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
_45596188_house466300.jpg

An 18-year-old has secretly painted a 60ft drawing of a phallus on the roof of his parents' £1million mansion in Berkshire. It was there for a year before his parents found out. They say he'll have to scrub it off when he gets back from travelling.
BBC.

:D

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Always a lot more fun to do it on the homes and businesses in the airport landing path.

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Gah, was just about to post this! Curse you mroogle!

He was probably hoping it would sit there for a couple of years until Google Maps took a picture of it, there used to be something written in the crops near Edinburgh Airport (although that was probably targeted at passing planes!)

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Gah, was just about to post this! Curse you mroogle!
I'd say that is a MRoogle success! :)

I wonder if this sort of thing will become more and more common, especially for the sake of advertising. "Ooooh look, the Nike forest, the Starbucks wheat field, the microsoft sand dunes."

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I think he could have made it quite a bit more cock-like.

♫ Art school drop out, go back to high school... ♫ </grease>

Well, what do you expect these days from the lazy kids of the wealthy.

I'm really surprised that he actually stooped to manual labor carrying paint onto the roof and getting his hands dirty.

Personally, the expected poor performance was probably par for the class.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I wonder if this sort of thing will become more and more common, especially for the sake of advertising. "Ooooh look, the Nike forest, the Starbucks wheat field, the microsoft sand dunes."
In rural areas in the states you will see quite a few air signs painted on roofs and such. Some are as simple as the town name which is handy for navigation. Others are more specific such as good places to eat. After all pilots are known to fly to places to eat, er. conduct extensive training missions. ;)

I don't recall seeing much when I flew over in Germany or here in Asia.

Who knows, maybe someday we'll see neon lights pointed to the sky for advertising. :)

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Funny.

Never know what you might see from the air looking down. :D
Yeah.
Mommy!
What's that?
Always a lot more fun to do it on the homes and businesses in the airport landing path.
Definitley. Just not on your own house.
was the mansion worth £1M before or after the painting?
I dunno. Maybe worth more after the painting?:D
He was probably hoping it would sit there for a couple of years until Google Maps took a picture of it, there used to be something written in the crops near Edinburgh Airport (although that was probably targeted at passing planes!)
That would be great! Imagine that on Google Maps!
Well, what do you expect these days from the lazy kids of the wealthy.

I'm really surprised that he actually stooped to manual labor carrying paint onto the roof and getting his hands dirty.

Personally, the expected poor performance was probably par for the class.

Yeah. It's quite incredible that these rich kids would actually do that. Maybe he hired somebody?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.