Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Optimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Finland
I'm having a problem with my 80GB iPod Classic.

First I got a "Can't sync error" when I connected my pod to my mac. I ran Disk Utility and re-formated my iPod. After that I started iTunes and started syncing my library back to the iPod.

The sync went OK, except my cover art was a mess. All the album covers where all pixelated. I disconnected the iPod from iTunes and I noticed that it rebooted itself.

After the reboot all of music and setting where gone so it was back to square one.

Here's where the fun part begins. Now when I connect my iPod via USB to my mac I see that iTunes says "Sync complete" and show that all of my music is in my pod according to iTunes. While infact my iPod is swiped clean of any music or settings. So the iPod ejects automatically and reboots straight after that, and that seems to be a endless cycle at the moment.

Any ideas or solutions?:confused:

Optimus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Finland
Resolved

Finally I got my pod working again.

The second re-sync took almost twice as long as the first one so I'm guessing something was messed up in the first sync.

Everything including my album art is back on my pod and the sync between iTunes is working fine. :D

Still have no clue what could have caused this problem in the first place but I'm glad my iPod is working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.