Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edwardL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Hi guys, I always want ipod nano get smaller or ipod shuffle come with a screen. So I made this ipod shuffle concept. I don't expect anything. Just want to hear from you guys what you think.

3384510465_695b1d38fd.jpg

3384510513_a4163f16c6.jpg

Height: 1.77 inches (45.0 mm)
Width: 0.78 inch (20.0 mm)
Capacity: 4GB
No photo and video playback.

Thank you for your replies!

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
The screen would need to be six inches from your face to discernibly read the words.

You could not operate the click wheel reliably unless you were under the age of ten.

It's a great form factor; virtually the same as the newest nano (must be why they chose it), but at that size, a screen is useless.

dXTC

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Up, up in my studio, studio
I must agree with Tallest Skil that the screen shown in this mockup is a tad too small to be legible in normal use.

I would think a two-line backlit LCD readout, the full length of the shuffle, might be more legible; the controls would still be on the headset as they are now. Regardless, any screen would probably add a couple of millimeters to the thickness and shorten the battery life even more.

BayouBengal

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
Houston,TX
I must agree with Tallest Skil that the screen shown in this mockup is a tad too small to be legible in normal use.

I would think a two-line backlit LCD readout, the full length of the shuffle, might be more legible; the controls would still be on the headset as they are now. Regardless, any screen would probably add a couple of millimeters to the thickness and shorten the battery life even more.

I have a Creative Zen Nano that has this. More than sufficient LCD read out. If only it were easily syncable with iTunes.:(

edwardL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Thanks everybody. So the ipod shuffle shouldn't come and never come with a screen?

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
the size also is not conducive to constantly referencing the ipod to see what is playing. Unless you have it on a long-sleeved shirt, it would be very clumsy finding where the ipod is on your body.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.