Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freediro

macrumors member
Original poster
So i am looking at possible getting the 2.4ghz MacBook, but i would like to have a SSD and more memory, but money is an issue right now. So does anyone know if you can make these upgrades easily and properly by yourself at home?

Quick side question, you can just answer with MacBook or MacAir. I am student who is always on the go, rarely do 'heavy' computing, the most i would be doing is photoshop every once in a while, i don't play games on computers, rarely use laptops to play dvds, rarely download anything, and i have a home pc that i can do my more 'heavy' computing. So should i got for the MacBook 2.4ghz or the MacAir 1.8ghz?

Thank you so much!

NewMacbookPlz

macrumors 68040
Sep 28, 2008
Yes, they're both easily upgradable by removing the bottom panel. Instructions are printed IKEA style on the underside of the panel in fact. (for the macbook)

For your use, and if you have the $$ to spend, the Air wouldn't be a bad choice at all. Although, if you go with the regular MB, you can save that $$ for RAM and an SSD. With that said, prepare for pyromaniaque to come in here and tell you how bad the MB screen is, and how good the Air's is in comparison ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.