PDA

View Full Version : i-Pod vs mini

fjs08
Apr 13, 2004, 04:47 AM
Hi,
Checked out the iPod mini, but can't find the product anywhere. Seems that the regular iPod is available. I am thinking about it for my daughter who uses a PC. I have an iPod for my Mac, but are iPods compatible with PC's?? I checked out the specs and it looks like they are, but that I would need to get a special USB-firewire combo cable that doesn't come with the iPod, whereas the cable comes with the mini???? Is that correct??

Does the iPod (regular) work as well with a PC as it will with a Mac (which is flawless-imo).

Thanks.
Frank

robbieduncan
Apr 13, 2004, 05:42 AM
You might need the USB2 & Firewire cable to use a fullm size iPod with a PC. If you want (or need) a USB2 connection then this is the way to go. Note that a full size iPod cannot charge via USB2 alone so you need to plug the firewire end of this cable into the power adaptor to charge.

For the same price as the cable you can proibably pick up a FireWire card which is, I think, a better solution as you only need to plug into 1 thing to sync and charge.

As for how well it works it's pretty much the same as on a Mac as you have iTunes for Windows.