Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmarauder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
For a class I am currently taking, we are required to code a project using OpenCV. I got my instructions at this website: http://iphone-cocoa-objectivec.blogspot.com/2009/01/using-opencv-for-mac-os-in-xcode.html

but when compiling the simple example that he gives, i get the following error:

[Session started at 2009-03-26 10:53:37 -0500.]
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/OpenCV.framework/Versions/A/OpenCV
Referenced from: /Users/Joe/Documents/School/COSC1320/Project 3/Project 3/build/Debug/Project 3
Reason: image not found

The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).The Debugger has exited due to signal 5 (SIGTRAP).

any clues as to what I am doing wrong?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The Framework is built for embedding. Have you got a copy files stage in your build to put the framework where it's expected (<you app>.app/Contents/Frameworks)

jmarauder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
well see we aren't making an actual app or anything, its just a simple c++ file.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
well see we aren't making an actual app or anything, its just a simple c++ file.

Well then you need to have the framework available in the correct place relative to the executable path. That would appear to be something like /Users/Joe/Documents/School/COSC1320/Project 3/Project 3/build/Debug/Frameworks/OpenCV.framework/

jmarauder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
thank you very much. It actually just had to go to the Debug directory. thanks a million again for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.