Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkramb

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
for some reason handbrake incoded two movies for me just fine, now whenever i start a movie it crashes. I have tried 3 different movies and a few different encoding options, restarted my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled handbrake. anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be. Like i said it worked for two films tonight than stopped working.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
No idea without more information.

You should take a look in ~/Library/Application Support/HandBrake/HandBrake-activitylog.txt then post a question on the HandBrake forums - http://forum.handbrake.fr/index.php - where you are more likely to find someone with the knowledge to help.

Oh, you do have VLC installed, don't you?

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
for some reason handbrake incoded two movies for me just fine, now whenever i start a movie it crashes. I have tried 3 different movies and a few different encoding options, restarted my computer and uninstalled and reinstalled handbrake. anyone have any other ideas what the problem could be. Like i said it worked for two films tonight than stopped working.

are the movies avi format? if so, go to the audio tab and select the 2nd audio output to none.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.