Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I don't know if anyone else using the facebook app on the iphone/ipod touch has had this problem, but since yesterday, when I open the app, everything is fine. I can scroll through my feed, and access all the things that are on the bottom of the app. But my problem is that when I tap on the "notifications" and "requests" part, I don't get any response. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but that doesn't work. I have a jailbroken 2G ipod touch. Thanks in advance.

Draythor

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
Exeter University, UK
I don't know if anyone else using the facebook app on the iphone/ipod touch has had this problem, but since yesterday, when I open the app, everything is fine. I can scroll through my feed, and access all the things that are on the bottom of the app. But my problem is that when I tap on the "notifications" and "requests" part, I don't get any response. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the app but that doesn't work. I have a jailbroken 2G ipod touch. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried soft reset? Hold home and sleep down until the :apple: appears then let go.

~Dray

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Yeah, in the beginning I did. But now, the problem seems to have gone away itself. I'm not sure what the problem was though. Thanks.

Omni Geno

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2005
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I bet it was an issue w/ Facebook's servers. They've been making a lot of changes lately. Incidentally, has anyone else been having the problem of not being able to comment on posts (statuses, links, photos, etc) that are on the main feed? This happens to me even if they were posted by people who are my friends. Sometimes I am able to comment on said posts by going into their wall. But other times it just doesn't work at all.

jdsushi

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2009
I just bought an Ipod touch, opened it, tried to install the facebook app and it won't work. It keeps saying connect to Itunes. I did a couple times, sync'd it, and nothing happens. I'll try again tomorrow. I'm loving the mail app.

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I bet it was an issue w/ Facebook's servers. They've been making a lot of changes lately. Incidentally, has anyone else been having the problem of not being able to comment on posts (statuses, links, photos, etc) that are on the main feed? This happens to me even if they were posted by people who are my friends. Sometimes I am able to comment on said posts by going into their wall. But other times it just doesn't work at all.

I have experienced the same thing. Today seems better though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.