Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
i em just now watchn coop on revision three and one of they guys has a new macbook but i see that he doesnt have the black boarder around it like the next guy hes sitn next to. you can see that the glossy bit would just fit in and now his screen is a matte finish.

so can you take this bit off and isnt that cheap of apple just to have like a glossy spec thing to make ur screen look glossy when its matte underneath?

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
well,there wasnt the black boarder and you could see where the camera was.so i wonder if its matte underneth that glass thing.

There's a thread around here somewhere about a guy replacing his black bezel with a custom made silver one.
I think he might have even replaced the screen to. I dont really remember.

timestoby

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
north devon,uk
macpic.jpg

this is wot it looks like,the one on the right. it is the macbook cause in the video it shows from the back and you can tell by the keyboard.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
That looks to be the 17" MBP. They offer a matte option which replaces the black bezel with a silver one.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
I think that the one on the left is a 15" Pro and the one on the right is a 17" Pro with the matte-screen option only available on the 17".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.