PDA

View Full Version : Gore in 2004?

blackfox
Apr 14, 2004, 03:11 AM
Ever since the preparations began for the 2004 Presidential election, I have always wondered why Gore did not run again against Bush. I say this because:
1)Gore won in 2000 or the outcome was dubiously close (believe what you want)
2)Had the popular vote
3)Since 2000, has relaxed considerably(even grew fat w/beard for a while)
4)Feel he would relish and mop up the floor with Bush in debates (He has the high moral ground and Bush would have to be careful about his attacks)
5) Although Gore got a rather amenic response from many in 2000, I feel if he had run again, many would give him a second chance, as he seems superior to many candidates that ran in the Democratic primaries, including Kerry)
6)When he has spoken publicly since 2000, he has done a decent job.
There are many more reasons, and it is all academic since it is obviously not going to happen, but I wondered what peoples' opinions would be if he had...would he be likely to win?...General impressions? As I have been curious, just comment as you see fit...thanks...

jefhatfield
Apr 15, 2004, 11:22 AM
Ever since the preparations began for the 2004 Presidential election, I have always wondered why Gore did not run again against Bush. I say this because:
1)Gore won in 2000 or the outcome was dubiously close (believe what you want)
2)Had the popular vote
3)Since 2000, has relaxed considerably(even grew fat w/beard for a while)
4)Feel he would relish and mop up the floor with Bush in debates (He has the high moral ground and Bush would have to be careful about his attacks)
5) Although Gore got a rather amenic response from many in 2000, I feel if he had run again, many would give him a second chance, as he seems superior to many candidates that ran in the Democratic primaries, including Kerry)
6)When he has spoken publicly since 2000, he has done a decent job.
There are many more reasons, and it is all academic since it is obviously not going to happen, but I wondered what peoples' opinions would be if he had...would he be likely to win?...General impressions? As I have been curious, just comment as you see fit...thanks...

hindsight is 20/20

if the election were held today, anybody could beat bush, kerry and gore included

but if things get better i think bush could beat kerry, but not gore

gore had presided as vp over the best us economy ever and we had no quagmires in security and overseas which were visible...w's war is not going as well as can be and everybody sees that everytime one turns on cnn...so i think gore could beat bush if things get better for bush in the next few months

but as it stands, kerry is the man and the only way i can see kerry winning is if things get really bad for bush and his approval ratings go below the 49 percent it stands at now...right after 9/11, w's numbers were at a very respectable 89 percent

i see a very small chance of the democrats regaining the white house this time around, but if they do, i will be very happy