Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
However, I don't like how the screen hinge is so loose. Every time I am trying to find a good sitting position on the couch, the screen closes on me.

I've heard that this is easily rectified by taking it to an Apple store (if that's an option for you) where they can tighten the hinges. Pretty simple and quick I imagine.

Mine doesn't move unless I move it.

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
However, I don't like how the screen hinge is so loose. Every time I am trying to find a good sitting position on the couch, the screen closes on me. Also, I've noticed that the keys and touchpad are really prone to sweat and oily fingers. Under certain lighting conditions, I can see that the surface of the touchpad and the area where my palm rests are "fading" away -- but I've become so tired of trying to keep the machine perfect that I've stopped caring.

Your screen must be jacked. My screen is super tight and does not move an inch unless I push on it. I actually let it sit two inches open when connected to an external monitor to let the heat out and it never fall closed or moves from where I left it.

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Interesting, interesting. It closes on me if I tip the computer from a 90 degree viewing angle. I am sort of scared to get it "fixed" because I've heard a lot of horror stories about the geniuses at the Apple store.

I wouldn't be too worried about them fixing the hinge. They'd have to be really cack hand to bodge such relatively simple task, surely?

That said, I'm always a bit concerned whenever anyone else handles my mbp, watches and bracelets scare me :eek:

NickM

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2009
USA
Interesting, interesting. It closes on me if I tip the computer from a 90 degree viewing angle. I am sort of scared to get it "fixed" because I've heard a lot of horror stories about the geniuses at the Apple store.

Are you referring to getting the screen fixed so that it stays in position better?
If you bring it in to the store, make sure you look over it with either one of their "genius" people or the store manager. Make sure to point out that there are no other problems, etc. before they take it away from you. (if they do)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.