PDA

View Full Version : can i go back from jailbreaking???

harrishimo
Mar 29, 2009, 01:55 PM
Hey everybody,

im looking to buy an iphone and my friend has offered to sell me one but it is jailbroken. Im one of those people who only really likes things that are official (call me crazy) and i was wondering, if i buy it off him will i be able to remove the jailbreak and have it as the official iphone??

any responses will be greatly appreciated :D

Lexoticstylez02
Mar 29, 2009, 01:59 PM
A simple restore in iTunes will delete the jailbreak.

harrishimo
Mar 29, 2009, 02:07 PM
awesome, thanks very much.

One more little question though. the iphone is currently on O2. My contract is also on O2. If i do buy it will i just be able to put in my current sim card with no issues or will there be anything i will have to do.

Ive heard that you have to sign up to a new contract when you first plug the iphone into itunes???

thanks again!!! :D

marddin
Mar 29, 2009, 02:09 PM
you'll need to go to the 02 store and buy an iPhone Data Plan to be put ontop of your Voice plan from 02. without and iPhone Data Plan the iPhone with your 02 sim card will not work.

harrishimo
Mar 29, 2009, 02:12 PM
thanks very much for such quick replies guys.

So does that mean i will not be able to make calls without a data plan or is the data plan just for the internet and stuff???

marddin
Mar 29, 2009, 02:14 PM
you need the data plan before anything.

iw oudl go get the data plan first then get the phone.

harrishimo
Mar 29, 2009, 02:23 PM
ah ok, thanks

just to clarify, i wouldnt be able to do anything without having this data plan?

Moi un Mouton
Mar 29, 2009, 04:05 PM
This is not true. You do not need an iPhone plan.

1. Your O2 SIM should work in the phone OK

2. If it does not have the Web or Wifi bolt-ons you will not be able to get internet away from your home wifi network. You can add one or the other for 7.50 a month

3. You will not get certain iPhone features like visual voicemail on a non-iPhone plan (but who really needs them? :) )