Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
California
I bought the Flight Control game a few weeks ago and have found myself addicted to it since then. Anyone else have some thoughts on this game? My current high score is 68, anyone care to share their high score?

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
87 ...

Very addictive, although I find that when I get around 70ish, the planes like to intentionally aim for each other ...

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I saw this on the AppStore. What is this game about?

It's a really addicting game in which you have to land planes and helicopters at an airport. There are three basic types of planes: jets, which need to land at the long runway; small aircraft, which land at the short runway; and helicopters, which land at the helipad.

Aircraft come from all over the screen at an increasing rate. The game doesn't have a difficulty setting that I am aware of. The gameplay is really straight forward - land the planes and try to keep up. Any collision and the game is over. Well worth the $.99.

Early on in the game it can be quite peaceful:
peaceful.jpg.jpeg

Later, it gets busy:
frantic.jpg.jpeg

randfee2

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Germany
the game is awesome but insanely addictive. Me and my brother have played like crazy for some days... I have 12.000 planes landed!!!
Every hour or so we need to grab our iPhones and play some more to set a new record. FU*KING AWESOME!!

I'm at 383 :)

Mental control, awareness and reaction speed is everything, awesome game to train focusing on a completely absurd task...

flight_control_highscore_IMG_0027.PNG

:eek: I couldn't imagine the chaos that led up to that.
Actually, the rate of new planes appearing maxes out around 70-80 and then dries out every ones in a while to pick up pace again, but I can assure you that the rate does not increase any further, its justa question of sustaining your alert level :)

FearlessFreep

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Northern Virginia, USA
I can't get past 82. How the hell are you getting over 100? I've learned a few things:
-Keep planes away from the edge of the screen
-Land faster planes first
-When you have planes of the same speed, make them each use the same path

I've gone back and forth with a spiral pattern to handle more planes, or just the direct route.

Any other tips?

D-Man18360

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
It's a really fun game, though my high score is only in the upper 30's (37 I think).

I'd like to see a new airport or two with different and more runways - would make this a lot deeper.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Love this game...I think the only thing I would change is to make the playing area a bit bigger so that it was easier to avoid collisions with new planes coming on screen and maybe make it more possible to use more strategies to organize the planes when things get crazy. And I hope they add more areas of course.

outz

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2007
i love this game too. it's very original and addicting. definitely worth the .99

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
California
Love this game...I think the only thing I would change is to make the playing area a bit bigger so that it was easier to avoid collisions with new planes coming on screen and maybe make it more possible to use more strategies to organize the planes when things get crazy. And I hope they add more areas of course.

More areas and a global high score list would be great!

LurkingIowan

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2008
I'm horrifically addicted to this game, and I'm currently maxed out at a paltry 48. The fact that I'm now on the internet posting comments about it has cemented my status as a F*CKING BAD A** THAT CAN LAND A F*CKING AIRPLANE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. YEAH!

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
its a fun game, starts out to slow though haha. i got it yesterday, up to 106.

WickedFall

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2008
Must... buy... this game, lol. Everyone seems to be loving it. Will post back with my high score.

tvp

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2009
Michigan
I got this game a few days ago, it's completely addicting. My high score is only 54 though. Probably would've been higher today but I didn't hit pause fast enough when my work phone rang.

WJ2593

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2009
I got 52. It's only problem is it is dead easy and then incredibly challenging. It helps having a spotter. My bro is helps by being a second set of eyes, it helps heaps.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
I'm addicted too. Always been an aviation nut, and even though this is far from realistic it is close enough to have my attention. I agree with some of the strategies posted previously - particularly routing new arrivals away from the edges as quick as possible. The fast jumbos are a real bitch to manage when things get hot and heavy. I attempt to use real-world landing patterns (downwind, base, and final legs) where possible to maintain some order in the chaos, and I keep the pattern real close (almost right up against) the runways. But as I approach 40 or so, that order falls apart. Then it's purely crisis management. Often I'll have to put a few planes in a tight "circle in place" pattern to buy time. My high is 68 so far. Hope to hit triple digits soon...

randfee2

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Germany
new highscore for me: 530

I was at 263, then took a 3 minute pause, got me something to drink. I think if you keep pausing it when the action declines a bit, you can go much higher, I simply didn't have the patience to pause it again :)

IMG_0029.PNG-20090411-182946.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.