Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

menthol moose

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 20, 2006
I just installed Windows Vista x64 on my 2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook this morning for some software development, and I accidently left my install DVD at home - I'm at college right now. Is there any site I can download the drivers for from? Or could somebody possibly send me a link to a download? I tried the 2.1 download on Apple's website, but it doesn't start up.

micsaund

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2004
Colorado, USA
What you describe is one of the few complaints I have with Apple. Come-on, just put the full download on the stupid site! Having to dig-up your system discs, install a version of BC drivers you *know* is old and buggy, and then upgrade them with a partially-functioning download from the Apple site is just plain retarded. I *hate* having to install older versions of something only to follow some "upgrade" path like that. Just let me install the new ones from the start! Grrr :mad:

BTW, this is the same behavior that led me to detest Creative Labs as they used to make you install from the CD included with the soundcard, and then go "patch" with drivers from the site. To this day, it's been probably 8+ years since I paid for a Creative soundcard, maybe longer.

OK, getting off my rant-horse now...

Mike

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I just installed Windows Vista x64 on my 2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook this morning for some software development, and I accidently left my install DVD at home - I'm at college right now. Is there any site I can download the drivers for from? Or could somebody possibly send me a link to a download? I tried the 2.1 download on Apple's website, but it doesn't start up.

Mainly because MacBooks are not "supported" for x64 support in Boot Camp. In a nutshell, Apple only allows x64 Windows on certain iMacs, Mac Pros and MacBook Pros.:rolleyes:

The reason why you can't run those drivers is because you are trying to run the package as a whole. There is a guide in the MacBook forums on how to use the x64 drivers on your MacBook and all that it requires is that you type up some small commands in "Command Prompt" Nothing complicated and after that, its a straight shot.:cool:

It's best to use the Leopard DVD that came with your Mac, as downloading through Apple's site only gives you the laptop specific drivers, where as the Leopard DVD has the whole package to make it work right.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.