Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jadam

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
and then go ahead and read the discussion for that article. WHAT IDIOTS, not to mention i think it was the 3 post?? they guy who is trying to sound technical savvy by saying that Apple stole Ideas form NextStep and that OSX is a copycat of NextStep? hmmm... who OWNES NextStep?? OMG, can it be APPLE!

gbojim

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2002
Don't reply...

to that nonsense. Every time that guy needs to build up the post count for his column, he does some Apple bashing. Then all of the Mac supporters post. Usually happens about twice per year. Just ignore him.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
spooky.

notice how the original thread about this jerk is thread number 6666 ?

That makes him about 10 times more evil than bill gates by my reckoning :D

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
Am I the only one who thinks that JCD is making a good point? He includes in his article that Microsoft get's all it's good ideas from Apple. He even praised OSX for doing what most Linux-heads said couldn't be done: making Unix a mainstream OS.

I think he's just saying that unless the Mac can offer a signifigantly different experience from ordinary computing (like in 1984 when the original Mac was introduced), most consumers won't have a compelling reason to switch.

A rather timely article if you consider Apple's new ad-campagin. He might be adding some spice to make the article interesting, but I certianly don't think he's "bashing" anyone.

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
i mean, he isnt only just telling off apple -- he doesnt know what the F**k hes talkin about half the time....

he should be fired... gosh, ill bet the only reason this article got through was cause it spurred the thoughts and kinda made dumb PC users all like "i was right all the time - macs do suck".. or whatever...

we oughta send a letter to the magazine.. try to see what we can do.. any takers?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Originally posted by firewire2001
we oughta send a letter to the magazine.. try to see what we can do.. any takers?

Let me put on my typing gloves and get a few cups of java going! :D

Replying to barkmonster...
Really? I thought that was Gates' social security number and peecee password! Only one way to find out if it works! :cool:

Spock

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Dvorak worked for Apple in the dark days of Apple did he not??
I have seen his stupid show on win tv oh tech tv sorry.
He just makes a Jack Ass of himself evertime he opens his fat mouth, it is best to ignore him. He kinda reminds me of Eminem.

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
Good idea...delivered by an idoit!!!!

The underlying point made by this article is a very good concept. Why has the computing world not evolved past the PC in the last 20-some years??? It should have. More innovation is needed. Beef up the R+D departments!! Lets be creative.

The problem is, this idea was un-eloquently babbled by a person I consider to be very ignorant and who gets attention by acting tough. He's a GD idoit! I don't like him.

What he did, was apply the originally good point only to the Mac. He singled it out as the only source of innovation in the computing world and then blamed it for the computing world not moving forward. He used bad logic to arrive at this point and earned more of his attention by writing such crap.

I don't like this man, but I like the original idea on which his blatherings lie.

Jerk.

Taft

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
so shall we jack the dude up or ignore him? by jacking him up i mean sending him e-mails stating why he is wrong etc. etc. if so whos in?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.