Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Formourne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
ok so I recently downloaded the remote app and it gave a me this passcode to use on my device. So I click on my ipod touch on the itunes menu but see nowhere to enter my code. Confused I search the internet and saw I had to check find remote in preferences I did that and nothing worked. I am on the same wifi network. I also heard it might have something to do with my firewall?
Please give me some suggestions on what to do.:confused:

mrbrightside623

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2009
San Jose, CA
ok so I recently downloaded the remote app and it gave a me this passcode to use on my device. So I click on my ipod touch on the itunes menu but see nowhere to enter my code. Confused I search the internet and saw I had to check find remote in preferences I did that and nothing worked. I am on the same wifi network. I also heard it might have something to do with my firewall?
Please give me some suggestions on what to do.:confused:

I had this same issue and just fixed it for my Macbook Pro. It worked fine on my windows PCs and stuff but just not my mac. I found that it was a firewall issue. What kind of computer are you using?

-Tony

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.