Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Hey guys,
I am trying to import my video from my JVC evernio and its not letting me. I can do it with no problem into iMovie 09.

Also, what do i choose for the set up? "hdv or meg or...? there is a whole list.

Thanks.
I will post

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Choosing the setup for FCP depends on what format your camera records.
As the Everio series seems to have cameras which record SD and HD. you have to choose a preset that fits the resolution (SD/HD).

You could also use MPEG Streamclip to convert those .tod files to a recognizable format.
This Everio cameras save their recorded video in a highly compressed format which is not meant for editing, only for distributing and such.
So you have to convert those highly compressed videos into something more editable like a .mov (HDV or DV).

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
I set my "set up" to HDV 1080i50.

Now i cant upload videos, how do i import? I went to the camera and it didnt let me, i went a dragged videos out, and it did not let me import.

Any idea?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
PAL - Phase Alternating Lines
It's a TV broadcasting standard in Europe, Australia, parts of Africa, Asia and South America with 50 fields per second, the USA uses NTSC, which means there have to be 60 fields per second.

The 1080i50 means that the picture has a vertical size of 1080 pixel, is interlaced at 50 Hz (25 frames per second, but shown as 50 fields), but the USA uses a 60 Hz. It's dependent on the alternating current used in the specific countries where it was developed.

Maybe try 1080i60.

PS: What did you mean by "i went a dragged videos out,..."? English is not my parents' tongue.

800px-PAL-NTSC-SECAM.svg.png

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
yes Indy, what is PAL?

PAL is the television system NOT used in North America. PAL frames rates are based on 50 cycle current. In North America and Japan, NTSC and ATSC are the two television standards in use. NTSC/ATSC frame rates are based on 60 cycle current. If you're using an NTSC camera, the frame rate you should be using is 1080i60 - NOT 1080i50.

-DH

Krovem

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Indiana
Okay i changed it to 1080i60.
I ment like i dragged onto desktop and then form there tried to import and it didnt work.

I dont see the "log transfer" all i see is capture & transfer.

Also, i imported a video after i exported it from imovie 09.

Is there a huge advantage from using FCS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.