Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Hi, I'm a noob to macs. I just bought a PBG4 like two days ago. I keep seeing people mentioning about waiting for updates before they buy. can someone explain what they mean by updates? I'm kinda worried now!
:(

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
We all pray and hope that Apple will update the Powerbook G4's next week, whether that be a new, modified G4 or a brand new G5.

Basically we are waiting for a "New Powerbook."

The one you got is just fine but you might want to keep your eyes peeled if a new updated one is released because then you would want that one, i.e. the latest and the greatest... Understand? Whether or not these updates will come next week is anyone's guess, but myself, and everyone else, sure hope so.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
oh man, that's a bummer :(

Don't they release any info like prototype pictures or something like that? car manufacturers do the same thing, but at least they always leak their info. Um, can I return mine for a new one?! :eek:

t300

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2004
Apple is the Mercedes of computers, and unlike cars, no, there are not usually product leaks and pictures.

Can you return it? Well, you can get a new one if they are released next week, and next week only. Be one of the many that are praying right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.