Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blade1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Trying to get the highest score for bird shooting on Bowman last night, made me late for work this morning.
Man, this game is proving more addictive than Pringles!!! :D

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
way to try for viral marketing!

you create an account TODAY and make your first post just to comment about an app?

i will never buy your app for this specific reason

blade1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Am I in the wrong place or is this the section where you post things about the App Store? :confused:\\Dude, not everything is a conspricy. :)

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Am I in the wrong place or is this the section where you post things about the App Store? :confused:\\Dude, not everything is a conspricy. :)
Yeah, but your thread title, about this app busting its way to the top, and the content of your original post, the app causing you to be late for work, are at odds.

blade1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Lol. Ok if you say so. FYI... I didn't buy the game either, it's free. Ha ha.

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
For some reason i decided to check out their webby, it seems either the address/telephone number is used by multiple companies, or the owner has a few web /forex/ companies of its own. .....

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
It was free for me... too bad.

Anyways, I wouldn't buy it yet. First, because it's just an exact clone of a free online flash game, second because it's just not fun. In the bird hunt, the most promising of the three modes, all you have to do is fire straight up rapidly to shoot every single bird with ease. In the other modes, all you're doing is firing at the same spot a few times until you kill your opponent. Setting the power is useless, you're always going to want it at 100 as you'll do more damage that way and you can get all the precision you want just by adjusting angle. Finally, since there are little labels telling you what your power and angle are at, you can get the exact number every time so you'll always hit. There's no variables except possibly someone bumping you just as you release your arrow.
/rant
Nate

Jetheat

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2008
I just found this thread.

There is an update being released for the current version of Bowman for all the people who already have it.

After the update, the price will go up.

According to what the updates stated, it seems like it's going to get more challenging.

JH

Devil6

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
It was free for me... too bad.

Anyways, I wouldn't buy it yet. First, because it's just an exact clone of a free online flash game, second because it's just not fun. In the bird hunt, the most promising of the three modes, all you have to do is fire straight up rapidly to shoot every single bird with ease. In the other modes, all you're doing is firing at the same spot a few times until you kill your opponent. Setting the power is useless, you're always going to want it at 100 as you'll do more damage that way and you can get all the precision you want just by adjusting angle. Finally, since there are little labels telling you what your power and angle are at, you can get the exact number every time so you'll always hit. There's no variables except possibly someone bumping you just as you release your arrow.
/rant
Nate

I have got the new version (1.2) and that sorts out all the little niggles you have. I like it more now. It's not easy anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.