Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kezman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
...10 degrees up and the all of the light greys become inverted, a few degrees down and the colours go dark.

The replacement's in the mail but i've got a feeling it's going to be exactly the same. I had the same issues with the samsung panel in the glossy 17inch model, so I thought I'd try the anti-glare version hoping it would be better.

Is it the same for all of the anti-glare models or should I keep holding out until I get a decent panel?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Firstly, viewing angles are a characteristic of the LCD panel, and since the difference between the glossy and matte screens is not the actual LCD panel, there won't be a difference in viewing angles. ;)

Secondly, I've seen the 17" MBP screen, and I didn't think the viewing angles were bad at all. :confused:

taphil

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2007
With gray colors or the stripes in iTunes' song listings, the narrow vertical viewing angle you describe sounds about right. It's been like that on all the MB/MBP screens and is the nature of TN LCDs. Other colors, on the other hand, don't fade or turn negative until greater angles.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.