Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maelstromr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
Well i'm a little bored at work and was browsing through some current and upcoming dohickeys that I thought were cool and was wondering about everyone's opinions and what they are looking forward to seeing in the near future. I'm talking nifty little do dads with moderate or even minimal utility, like the powermate, that nonetheless make cool additions to a system, especially when you're talking mac STYLE.

I like the powermate and am still looking forward to griffin's powershark radio tuner deally.

Any thoughts? Things I should look into? Upcoming must haves? :cool:

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
I'm looking into getting a marble slab to passively cool my Tibook in it's bookendz dock. Hopefully one will fit in the small opening near the back and will cool my Ti so that the fan doesn't need to be constantly (don't worry, not the Ti's fault. The fan only runs constantly in the dock, not undocked).

Nny

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2004
I'm hoping on seeing Griffin make an iTrip for the iPod mini. Don't know if it will happen though.

My current 3G iPod and iTrip caused me to get rid of carrying a CD case in my car. Awesome gadget!

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Nny said:
I'm hoping on seeing Griffin make an iTrip for the iPod mini. Don't know if it will happen though.

My current 3G iPod and iTrip caused me to get rid of carrying a CD case in my car. Awesome gadget!

It has'nt been confirmed yet but I would bet my piggy bank that they will make an iPod mini iTrip. At the rate things are going, in a few years, there might be more minis on the street than regular iPods. That's a huge market to cash in.

maelstromr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Charlottesville, VA
wPod said:
i have always thought this was the coolest . . . but i do not have enough firewire devices to need a firewire hub. a couple FW HDs and an iPod can all piggy back so i dont need a hub. but its still cool! yeah i know its been around a while.

http://www.charismac.com/Products/firedino/

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP

Now THAT was in the spirit of this post!

Cool, and of very little actual utility! :cool:

Not to say the other stuff isn't good, the iTrip is BRILLIANT, and I like that marble slab idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.