Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

interconnect

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
i posted this in the "mac applications" forum, but this might be a better place for this type of question...

i've been editing a sequence in final cut pro and in the viewer i set my in and out points and drag it down to the timeline. when i do this, final cut is adding about 10-15 frames to the end of where i set my out point. does anyone know why this is happening and how to turn it off? i've used fcp before and i'd swear i didn't have this issue before.

edit:
i played around with it some more and while i could not figure out why fcp is doing this, i found that the number of frames that are being added to my out points seems to vary sometimes up to about 2 seconds, or 60 frames. could this have to do with some sort of snapping? i tried turning it off, but fcp would still add frames after my out point.

any help would so greatly appreciated!

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
That's most likely your problem. Try converting the footage into a different format (DV, AIC, DVCPro HD, ProRes, etc.,) and see if the problem persists.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.