PDA

View Full Version : tough question plz help

akboy
Apr 15, 2004, 05:53 PM
My cd drive is broken it wont let me put any cd's in(it's one of those without a tray, you just put a cd in) and all my friends are on B.net playing WC 3.
On another thread someone said talking about crack/hacks can get you in trouble and to just make a disk image, but dont you need to be able to put the disk in. I'm not going to anything illegal, just play the game like i did before. Is getting my cd drive fixed my only option?

whocares
Apr 15, 2004, 07:30 PM
My cd drive is broken it wont let me put any cd's in(it's one of those without a tray, you just put a cd in) and all my friends are on B.net playing WC 3.
On another thread someone said talking about crack/hacks can get you in trouble and to just make a disk image, but dont you need to be able to put the disk in. I'm not going to anything illegal, just play the game like i did before. Is getting my cd drive fixed my only option?

I would suggest getting it fixed or buying a bootable FW external drive. How can you maintain a modern Mac w/o a CD drive?

mattmack
Apr 15, 2004, 09:13 PM
On another thread someone said talking about crack/hacks can get you in trouble and to just make a disk image, but dont you need to be able to put the disk in. I'm not going to anything illegal, just play the game like i did before. Is getting my cd drive fixed my only option? To make a Disk image you need the CD in the Drive so you sshould probably buy a cheap firewire drive

flyfish29
Apr 15, 2004, 10:07 PM
Can he simply hook up another comptuer and make a disk image that way of anything he would use...at least put off buying a cd drive...although it can't be that expensive to purchase an external cd drive...especially a used one if he doesn't use it much?!?!

mattmack
Apr 15, 2004, 10:24 PM
Can he simply hook up another comptuer and make a disk image that way of anything he would use...at least put off buying a cd drive...although it can't be that expensive to purchase an external cd drive...especially a used one if he doesn't use it much?!?! Yes he could if he has access to another computer he could even mount the second one as a firewire drive. I don't know if he could access the disk drive with the second option though