Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feuerschlange

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
If I build a website with pages.app (page layouts) and copy and paste them to iweb - does that lead to a technically unproblematic site?

Any experience?

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
Most likely not, since iWeb itself doesn't even produce "technically unproblematic sites" if you use "valid HTML" as the standard.

That's strange, I haven't had any problems with iWeb producing invalid code.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    15 KB · Views: 54

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
That's strange, I haven't had any problems with iWeb producing invalid code.

After looking into it a bit iWeb isn't quite as bad as I thought it was, but 9 out of the 10 pages i checked in the "Post your pages made in iWeb" thread had validation errors. Not an absurd amount (usually around 10) though. I dont know- errors are errors... but I guess I was a little harsh.

feuerschlange

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
There definately are issues with iWeb sites.

Regarding iWeb, I can only say, that I am not sadisfied with the pages, it produces.

I have since the beginning problems with my blog, that can not be sorted out (failure messages at the end + missing dates).
A lot of things on my site, that do look normal in Safari look obscure in other browsers (textboxes are not transparent anymore, galleries don't show up).
On top of that, all sites load awfully slow.

I look now for a solution for these issues. Rapidweaver is maybe an option. I will have a look into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.