PDA

View Full Version : quark xpress 6/keyboard issues

jerichoDX
Apr 16, 2004, 08:23 AM
i recently bought an apple mac g4 which had quark xpress 6 already installed on it.

however when i try to use it i get the following message: "this version of quarkxpress cannot be used with this keyboard" and it shuts down. i have the standard small mac keyboard (the one with all the buttons squashed together).

as i'm a total newbie to macs (this is my first one!), i would be grateful if somebody could point out what i'm doing wrong or which keyboard i need.

thanks,
jerichoDX

Sparky's
Apr 16, 2004, 08:21 PM
Are you referring to the old "small" keyboard with the hockey puck mouse? if so I would recommend investing (about $40) in a Macally Extended Keyboard (108 keys)-and maybe an optical mouse (about the same price) Without the full range of function keys F1 - F15 the program may not be able to boot, Though I have never heard of it, but then again I don't know anyone still using those old keyboards.

gr81
May 28, 2004, 11:16 AM
maybe its late for this one....but it does have a simple solution. make sure that you have US keyboard settings selected under System Preferences > International > Input Locales...

:)