PDA

View Full Version : Needing help connecting xbox to express via ethernet

VGM10000
Apr 1, 2009, 04:01 PM
I have an xbox 360 (updated, post-NXE) and the last generation airport express (2'nd newest, 802.11n and all, but w/o the dual-band and iPhone features) that connects to an Airport Extreme at the other side of my house. I figured that if I just connected the game console via ethernet into the Express, it would work automatically.

Of course, as you can tell, this is not the case.

Whenever I try to connect to the internet via Xbox, the green light (since up until then it functions fine) blinks orange and, in some cases, the wireless signal is lost. However, as soon as either 1: The xbox declares it could not connect, or; 2: I turn off the console, the airport express starts working again, the wireless signal back and the indicator light green once more.

On the TV, the x-box only tells me to reset the router, which I have done, to no effect.

I have been trying for over a week to get this to work, and I have reached a breaking point where I really need help getting this to work (for the most part I am usually the one giving the help :D ). Thus, if you can aide me in getting the console XBOX LIVE ready, it would be a big help.

Thanks to anyone who can offer advice!

Josh TR.