PDA

View Full Version : iPod Backlight Issues

Calvinatir
Apr 16, 2004, 01:24 PM
I've had my G3 iPod for a few months now, works amazingly, love it until I recently saw some of my friends iPods. Their Backlight has a brilliant blue tint to it while mine has a sort of yellow tint to it comparatively. Maybe mine was made before theirs and I got stuck with the crappy LED's or maybe they put those in there because mine was the Free iPods they gave away from Volkswagon! hehe! for $0 I cant really complain...just seing if anyone else noticed it.

jxyama
Apr 16, 2004, 01:50 PM
yeah. earlier 3rd gen. iPods got white screen, latter ones got bluish tint.

i personally like my white screen, but i didn't see much difference... not sure if one is any more "crappier" than the other.

PlaceofDis
Apr 16, 2004, 02:07 PM
this has been brought up before i believe, i think it has something to do with the ways the LEDs are made or something or other so that what ends up happening is that all the iPods have different shades of different color backlights....mine is a purpleish blue hue whereas my gf's is more golden yellow....there is no way to tell which iPod has which color because its completely random.....i really dont care so long as it works, but there is nothing wrong with your iPod, its not of any less quality than your friends