PDA

View Full Version : New Switchers campaign?

Moxiemike
Apr 16, 2004, 02:02 PM
http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=FF-APO-PLS&idq=/ff/story/0001/20040416/0857892981.htm

eyelikeart
Apr 16, 2004, 02:04 PM
Robert Gribble, executive director of the Tennessee Board of Funeral Directors and Embalmers, said his office rarely gets complaints about mixed-up bodies.

Is this saying that it has, in fact, happened more than once?

wdlove
Apr 16, 2004, 02:47 PM
That seems to go with a hospital accidentally switching babies. This is a very serious issue and hurtful to the families involved.

Moxiemike
Apr 16, 2004, 02:50 PM
But i could totally see the ad... Fneral director using a PC, mixes up bodies... switches to a mac, never makesthat mistake again:

"Switching to a Mac was the last switch I'll make!"

*cut to apple logo*

I'm Eye Frank, and I'm a funeral director

or smoething like that!

:D

m

rueyeet
Apr 16, 2004, 03:51 PM
Or you could do one of those iPod "dancer" ads. Except the silhouette wouldn't move, of course..... :p

Macabre silliness aside, I can see getting newborns mixed up in a maternity ward. One baby looks pretty much like another, given similar coloring, when that's all you see day in and day out (and you're not said baby's parents).

But mixing up bodies at a funeral home? I mean, come on, how many "clients" are they dealing with at any one time? Adults are much more distinct from one another....aren't these people paying attention? Sheesh.

hulugu
Apr 16, 2004, 06:28 PM
Or you could do one of those iPod "dancer" ads. Except the silhouette wouldn't move, of course..... :p

Macabre silliness aside, I can see getting newborns mixed up in a maternity ward. One baby looks pretty much like another, given similar coloring, when that's all you see day in and day out (and you're not said baby's parents).

But mixing up bodies at a funeral home? I mean, come on, how many "clients" are they dealing with at any one time? Adults are much more distinct from one another....aren't these people paying attention? Sheesh.

Or hey maybe come with some kind of system, maybe something like a toe tag or a braclet. Hey those are just off the top of my head. Maybe a chart. I'm surprised hospitals don't kill more people. Actually, I'm surprised how many people survive a hospital visit.
As for a funeral home, how many bodies do they deal with at a time? Like 5. How dumb are these people?