Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idonotliketostu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I swapped my hard drive from a 13" alum macbook to the 15" macbook pro but the mbp wouldn't boot up. I makes the apple dong sound then it just keeps on restarting. The macbook books up tho, anyone know how to fix this? Am i missing macbook pro files or something

angemon89

macrumors 68000
Feb 5, 2008
Northern CA
I swapped my hard drive from a 13" alum macbook to the 15" macbook pro but the mbp wouldn't boot up. I makes the apple dong sound then it just keeps on restarting. The macbook books up tho, anyone know how to fix this? Am i missing macbook pro files or something
Yes you're missing MBP files, they're different machines. Take the drive out, put the original back in, and use migration assistant to transfer over the files.

shoppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2007
Hants
Thats weird because I use a 500gb hHDD between all three of my laptops and they all boot up fine of the same HDD that I used originally in just a macbook. It takes a litchi longer doing the initial boot, but after that I have had no problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.