Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiFiGuy528

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I am now free from WiFi with PdaNet via jailbroken iPhone 3G. This is truely a match made in heaven and it's FREE. :D

powerbooks

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2009
I am on the standard iPhone plan with ATT, $30 month. This is what I am using to tether.

http://www.junefabrics.com/iphone/index.php

Well, this is not specific to MBA. Any wireless computer can take advantage on this.

The problem is: sooner or later you will receive countless AT&T "friendly" reminders (via SMS and email) that you are using a plan not supporting 3G phone, and you are supposed to upgrade, etc.

While you can ignore it, it's kind of annoying......

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
Well, this is not specific to MBA. Any wireless computer can take advantage on this.

The problem is: sooner or later you will receive countless AT&T "friendly" reminders (via SMS and email) that you are using a plan not supporting 3G phone, and you are supposed to upgrade, etc.

While you can ignore it, it's kind of annoying......

Used it for a while and never got that:confused: That is a great setup! In 3.0 if you own a mac and an iphone tethering should be free unless its windows kinda hard to know though!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.