Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Weekly Photo Contest (April 2nd-8th)

Rules:

1. You may submit only one photo per contest.

2. The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

3. Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

4. The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is: childhood memories.

Have fun!

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I'll start it off:

parkshots005.jpg

~by Razeus

heron88

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
Hey Razeus, its not your fault seeing its not in the rules, but it seems to me like posting a photo in your own contest shouldnt be allowed. Its just at the end you judge and you cant really judge your own photo:D Again, not your fault, just something the original rule-maker left out. Anyways, heres mine:

DSC00061.jpg

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan
Hey Razeus, its not your fault seeing its not in the rules, but it seems to me like posting a photo in your own contest shouldnt be allowed. Its just at the end you judge and you cant really judge your own photo:D Again, not your fault, just something the original rule-maker left out...

Agreed, that should be added into the rules. I think the OP was just trying to get things started, though.

Don

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
Hey Razeus, its not your fault seeing its not in the rules, but it seems to me like posting a photo in your own contest shouldnt be allowed. Its just at the end you judge and you cant really judge your own photo:D Again, not your fault, just something the original rule-maker left out.

Hehe. I hadn't noticed he had done that. It's kind of funny, but on a more serious note: it's not a good idea for the judge to post a photo, even if he doesn't consider it an entry, because it runs the risk of defining the theme too narrowly. A word or two can be interpreted in many different ways, and I think it's best to leave it wide open.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Agreed, that should be added into the rules. I think the OP was just trying to get things started, though.

Don

Yes, I realized I shouldn't have my own pic, so I'm automatically not in the running when I judge (so everyone is clear). I just wanted to post a pic in the topic because I been wanting to post that shot and give people a general idea.

Chappers

macrumors 68020
Aug 12, 2003
At home
how do I post photos here?

help pls.....

The same way you posted your "heartmelt" picture hosted on photobucket in the "photo of the day" thread.

If you can't remember - click on the "Insert image" button and add a picture link from (in your case) - photobucket.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.