Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

just some Dude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
i lost the cloth used to clean off the screen.

what is the best thing to use to clean it off?

help me.......

pilotrtc

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
jeans

I found rubbing the screen over my jeans pretty effective. So do a lot of my friends. Of course, clean jeans is the most effective.

wardev

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
if youre at home, just use a damp (paper) towel, then dry it off with a dry (paper) towel. Works like a (paper) charm.

Lorenz0

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
A nice microfibre duster - sans dust of course.

In the *empty* front pocket of a pair of jeans does the job. But you will need to go for a walk to get a nice shine worked up.

You could always stick it in your pocket now, walk to the microfibre duster store - take it out and *then* decide if you need to buy one or not :)

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
I put a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton rag. You might want to look into the anti-fingerprint screen protectors that SGPstore.com sells. I've reviewed one for my Samsung S9 on my blog. SGPstore.com also has several cool "skins" for the Touch. Have a look around while you're there. No, I do not work for them.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I haven't had a screen protector yet, and have had no need for one. Unlike the Treos and Palm Pilots I've had in the past, the iPhone screen is rugged. I carry it around naked in my pocket, rattling around in my pocketbook, and, maybe if I'm feeling really on top of things, I'll stick it in an iPod Sock. With all that, there has been nothing that a quick rub with a shirt, a napkin, or anything else relatively clean hasn't been able to clean off.

If it's really smudged with makeup or lotion or something like that, plain water or even my breath can take care of it.

I don't think I've ever even taken the microfiber cloth out of the box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.