PDA

View Full Version : Do Apple approve over the weekend?

imPoddible
Apr 3, 2009, 09:15 AM
Hey all,

I submitted my app to Apple on Tuesday and, since then, it's been in the "In Review" status.

I know they'll either approve or reject it in their own good time, but from experience, have any of you had app approvals over a weekend?

What I'm saying is - if Apple don't approve my app by end of day today, I guess there's no point in me refreshing the Manage Your Applications page in iTunes connect until Monday afternoon... :D

imPoddible

caveman_uk
Apr 3, 2009, 09:19 AM
I've had an update rejected over the weekend but I've never had anything approved then.

imPoddible
Apr 3, 2009, 09:23 AM
I've had an update rejected over the weekend but I've never had anything approved then.

:eek: I guess I'll have to continue refreshing that page then!

Sorry - it's my first time ;) and I'm a lil' excited...

imPoddible

blackmesa
Apr 3, 2009, 09:40 AM
Everybody is the first time:)

fishkorp
Apr 3, 2009, 10:11 AM
:eek: I guess I'll have to continue refreshing that page then!

Sorry - it's my first time ;) and I'm a lil' excited...

imPoddible

Don't bother refreshing the page, they send you an email as soon as it's approved or rejected. You'll get an email saying it's "Ready For Sale" and then a few hours after that it will be available in iTunes.

johnnybluejeans
Apr 3, 2009, 12:40 PM
Apple seems to work late hours and work on the weekend... I've had acceptance and rejection emails come in as late as 8:30pm eastern, and on both Saturdays and Sundays.

dejo
Apr 3, 2009, 12:43 PM
Apple seems to work late hours and work on the weekend... I've had acceptance and rejection emails come in as late as 8:30pm eastern, and on both Saturdays and Sundays.
I suspect they may be overseas...

johnnybluejeans
Apr 3, 2009, 12:49 PM
I suspect they may be overseas...

I'm not sure. I have an app with gps and mapping which they tested at the Cupertino campus according to the map exports they made. (gps points that differ from the simulator's core location point)

dejo
Apr 3, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure. I have an app with gps and mapping which they tested at the Cupertino campus according to the map exports they made. (gps points that differ from the simulator's core location point)
Interesting. Thanks for that insight!

RodThePlod
Apr 4, 2009, 09:25 AM
Interesting. Thanks for that insight!

This is all good to know! I'm in the same boat - I submitted my app on Thursday and have been constantly checking the status in iTunes Connect. I'm a first-timer, too you see!

RTP

dejo
Apr 4, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm in the same boat - I submitted my app on Thursday and have been constantly checking the status in iTunes Connect. I'm a first-timer, too you see!
Just wait for the email. Even then, it still won't be instantaneous when it finally appears in the App Store, especially in the various lists sorted by release date, etc. Seems the database behind those are not synchronized with the "live" data that often (every few hours?). You may find your app by searching for it specifically, but that's not how most people are going to be looking for it. Good luck with your app and don't forget to post a link to it in this thread: MacRumors.com User Created Apps List (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=558684&highlight=score%21)

Dfndr90
Apr 5, 2009, 06:02 PM
I just had an app approved this morning (Sunday) received the email at about 8:30 a.m.

RodThePlod
Apr 5, 2009, 06:18 PM
I just had an app approved this morning (Sunday) received the email at about 8:30 a.m.

Congrats :)

Just out of interest, how long was your app in 'In Review' status?

RTP.

JWBlue
Apr 5, 2009, 08:50 PM
Been getting approvals on Sundays since July.

Dfndr90
Apr 6, 2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats :)

Just out of interest, how long was your app in 'In Review' status?

RTP.

About 4 days for this one, but I have waited as long as two weeks.