PDA

View Full Version : Now's Your Chance–Defunct Concorde sold off online

Sparky's
Apr 17, 2004, 01:00 PM
First the Channel Tunnel Drill, Now This!!, what people do with their money these days.........

"Yes, darling, that turbo jet engine would look wonderful next to the coffee table..."

One of Britain's best-loved aircraft - the recently decommissioned Concorde - is going under the hammer online today, albeit in pieces.

http://www.silicon.com/networks/webwatch/0,39024667,39119957,00.htm

wdlove
Apr 17, 2004, 01:58 PM
I think that the Concorde itself should be put in large museums around the world, such as the Smithsonian. To think of them cut into pieces is very sad. Everyone should have a chance to see one, not just a select few.

Sparky's
Apr 17, 2004, 02:01 PM
In recent news the main body and wings of the plane were on a barge headed up to a museum in Scotland, so at least one will survive intact.

wdlove
Apr 17, 2004, 03:16 PM
I just took a look at the auction site, it may me very sad. Just a little teary even, just call me sentimental. :(

Do you know how many planes existed? Are all being destroyed except the one That I saw a photo on a barge to a museum. That was such an awesome plane. If not saved they will be lost for future generations.

JesseJames
Apr 17, 2004, 04:10 PM
[ Playing 'Taps' while standing and saluting]

Macmaniac
Apr 17, 2004, 04:15 PM
Perhaps you could buy the toilets and have them installed in your house.

evoluzione
Apr 17, 2004, 08:07 PM
crap i missed it. :(

there's one at the USS Intrepid here in NYC. :D but yeah it is a shame that some are all chopped up, but how cool would it be to have that nose cone and funky windscreen?