Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spd32177

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Hello-

I have an iPhone 3G running firmware 2.2.1. I must mention that my phone was jailbroken and working fine for a while. I then started noticing that SMS would just close while typing and then Mail along with any other application would just close without me touching the screen. Some other issues that I have noticed is that the home button will not close applications quickly like it used to and sometimes I will press the unlock/power button it would make the camera noise and take a picture of the current screen I was on.

So I decided to restore to the current firmware 2.2.1 (WITHOUT SYNCING ANY APPS, MUSIC OR PICTURES) which I thought would fix the problem however it has not fixed any of these issues. After restoring the firmware, iTunes still comes up that it has discovered an iPhone in recovery mode. (is this normal?) This seems like a software issue to me or that the iPhone is still somewhat Jailbroken? Has anyone else seen this type of behavior or have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Any help here would be great!

Thanks,
SPD

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.