PDA

View Full Version : TiBook 667 pink screen

keysersoze
Apr 17, 2004, 04:09 PM
I just set up my Pop's TiBook 667 yesterday for satellite DSL...that worked out just fine...but something weird happened.

When the computer first boots, the screen is distinctly pink. After several minutes it gradually fades and become normal brightness etc. I put the TiBook to sleep and after waking it...the screen was pink again!!! And after waiting several minutes, the screen gradually returned to normal.

Has anybody experienced this? Apparently it just started happening recently... he's been using it for over 1 year. It's just a weird phenomena that I couldn't explain... I don't want to be dumb.

:(

Macmaniac
Apr 17, 2004, 04:12 PM
Either you Logic board is heading south, or your screen is dying, either way I hope you have AppleCare because this sounds like it will only get worse.

keysersoze
Apr 17, 2004, 04:23 PM
Either you Logic board is heading south, or your screen is dying, either way I hope you have AppleCare because this sounds like it will only get worse.

well....crap.

RBMaraman
Apr 17, 2004, 06:06 PM
well....crap.

I've got good news for you:

It's not your logic board or screen that's dying! Woo Hoo!

The same thing happened to my iBook about 2 years ago. The ribbon that connects the screen to the logic board was dying. Apple replaced it because it was under warranty.

Macmaniac
Apr 17, 2004, 07:42 PM
I've got good news for you:

It's not your logic board or screen that's dying! Woo Hoo!

The same thing happened to my iBook about 2 years ago. The ribbon that connects the screen to the logic board was dying. Apple replaced it because it was under warranty.
Yes it could be that as well, although I have worked on several TiBooks which have had strange colors on screens and the screen has had to be replaced, it really depends on how bad it is.

keysersoze
Apr 17, 2004, 08:01 PM
Yes it could be that as well, although I have worked on several TiBooks which have had strange colors on screens and the screen has had to be replaced, it really depends on how bad it is.

Have you any idea the cost of a new screen? Ballpark figure? I presume a spankin' new Logic Board would be around $4-500 bucks. Oof.

Thanks for all the responses-- my guess is the TiBook will have to make its way to the Apple Service Center down the road.

("down the road" in Vermont is typically 1/2 hour. It's a 1/2 hour to everything up here... :rolleyes: )