PDA

View Full Version : selling logic express

ashjamben
Apr 4, 2009, 06:09 AM
i'm selling logic express 8, as i now need soundtrack pro for university work. as apple charges more for the upgrade i may aswell buy logic studio on its own and sell my logic express.

but, does anyone know the proper way to do it?

i remember seeing somewhere you get two installs with it, so it would just work if i sold it to a new user, but is there a way to 'deactivate' my install by maybe uninstalling it off my machine, or informing apple?

is there anything else i should do, like change registration details with apple, etc?

also, simply from a moral point of view, i bought this with education discount. should i feel bad about selling this to a non student? i just don't know what else to do with it, kinda pointless having it when i'll have logic studio.

any help would be great,
thanks for reading

ChrisA
Apr 4, 2009, 07:01 PM
is there anything else i should do, like change registration details with apple, etc?

also, simply from a moral point of view, i bought this with education discount. should i feel bad about selling this to a non student? ....

In the normal case (not student version) Apple makes it easy. You can sell the media (whatever came in the box) just like a used book. To whoever you like and all you have to do is erase the any copies you have. There is no registraition to patch up. Whoever has the discs owns the program.

The student version may be different. At a minimum you should tell whoever buys it that it is a student versionand can't be upgraded. That should seriously depress the selling price

ashjamben
Apr 4, 2009, 07:34 PM
ye, i would obviously state it is a student version with no upgrades.

thanks for the info